Friday, February 18, 2011

CHANEL Shine Lipstick... BOY!


See? I told you more CHANEL products will be on my blog haha. I know you're probably thinking it's just too pricey and that I'm crazy for getting hooked on this high high end brand. Well... please don't doubt me just yet. CHANEL's products really justify their price because of the quality. I know you can always find dupes for colors and quality for mascaras, eyeshadows, etc. but with CHANEL's products you can't simply find dupes. I think people that have gone through all brands high and low will understand the happiness of finally finding something you don't have to continue searching for. Even though I love my mascara, brushes, powders, and blushes I am always in the hunt for better products.


CHANEL have slapped a "STOP" sign on my forehead. I've tried their lipsticks, glosses, powders, foundation, etc. and they all are top on my holy grail list. I think you'll just have to try it for yourself. Why not spend more on one really really good product that is non replaceable instead of buying so much different brands of one product. You'll be saving money in the long run especially the quality will pay off.

Ok now that I have justify my obsession for CHANEL haha... let's go on with CHANEL's new lipstick formula SHINE. SHINE will be release in April of 2011, but the color BOY was released for a weekend up until Valentines Day. It's just a tease for us and to make people like me curious. Well, curious enough to buy it because it is NEW and limited until April.
Right: Heavily swatched Left: One swipe

As you can tell, I've used quite a bit... hopefully it will last me until April ;)

The color is very sheer pink with shimmer. The undertone is warmer and not pasty. I usually do not like shimmer, but CHANEL's way of incorporating the finely milled shimmer makes it very forgiving on the lips in all condition. The shimmer actually makes the lips look more plump as well as shiny (hint the formula's name). The texture is extremely moisturizing and not so creamy. Lighter than a lipgloss, I must add.  It's sheer but gives enough moisture with one sweep across the lips. I actually use it as my tinted lip conditioner. I can now leave my Chapstick/lip balm at home. My favorite part about this lipstick is that it is fool proof for application. I can reach into my purse get it out and apply without a mirror or standing still.



There is a CHANEL rose scent to the lipstick and I think it's lovely. I'd pick rose over vanilla smell like MAC's lipsticks any day! Wish the lipstick came in a bigger tube but the .2 oz difference compare to the regular CHANEL lipstick isn't that big of a difference. The price is the same for SHINE and other CHANEL lipsticks such as Rouge Coco and Rouge Allure. I just feel this way because the moisturizing texture this lipstick gives make you apply more and waste more product.

Taken with direct sunlight for true texture and shimmers
 Taken in shadows to see color in no direct sunlight
This is the color indoors. 
Seems to be more darker and this is how it will look on your lips.



If you've missed this, I'm sorry. But my teaser should make you more excited for April. I will try my best to swatch as many as I can when the complete SHINE line comes out.

If you've tried this formula tell me how you like it or dislike it.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried Chanel before but this lipstick is amazing!!!! I love sheer lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sherri- YES it is great and lovely texture. You need to check it out in April!!!

    ReplyDelete